Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pregnancy Log at 32 weeks


I´m at 32 weeks now, for those of you who have never been pregnant before (me included), it´s generally considered normal to start pushing them out between 37 to 40 (+) weeks. I've gained about 11 kilos since August, and am still at the same height as I always was. People are already offering bus seats to me, even with my big coat on, so I guess I' must be showing more than I thought.

Sleeping:
Sleep has been a challenge. Don´t get me wrong, I sleep for many hours, but the tossing and turning take up most of the time. It´s hard to get comfortable, and turning in bed is now trickier than ever. The upside is that I can still feel when the baby´s moving, and ocassionally point out where his/her head is, and just the other day, I could feel the hiccups!! What I can't feel are my own organs: intestines, stomach, etc.

Music:
We have two more concerts left before I can relax completely, one happens this week (cello/piano), and the other one at 37th week, on April 16th (Brahms C Minor Quartet). At third trimester, playing the piano is definitely more challenging than playing the harpsichord, hand- crossing, pedaling and all big chords really have an added new dimension to them. There is simply not much room between my elbows and my stomach.

Preparation:
We have moved some furniture around, but since we plan to sleep with the baby for the first year, the house remains a total mess. It's hard to know what to do and what to expect, it feels like life size preparation should take place, but mysteriously, for someone whom I've never met. Emotionally, I'm a bag of slight anxiety, intrigue and loads of excitement. Skippy is under training to stay outside for the week, I'm glad we're not there to experience his insistent and castratic vocal display.

If anyone is interested, we are taking polls for the following:
name for the baby: boys and girls (looking for short names which go well with Cabestany)
gender of the baby: most people are guessing it's a boy, anyone guessing a girl?

For those of you who are interested, we have signed up for a baby registry:
click here

I will try to update more often from now until the due date (May 9th), take gentle care.

No comments: