Monday, August 20, 2007

likes and dislikes

This morning I popped in Jacques Brel's Jaurès, and cringed after the first three notes. I scrolled down to one of Mia's favorites, Hammer and a Nail by Indigo Girls, and my spirit was immediately lifted. This led me to discover that I'm getting to know the little one day by day, her likes and dislikes, granted, there are still so many moments during the day when I have NO idea why she cries, fusses or ishappy, but each day, I think (and hope) I know her just a little more. For friends and families far away, this is where Mia's at these days:

SHE...

hates the sound of motorcycles
hates applauses in concerts
adores and smiles at her own image from the mirror
falls asleep easily to the sounds of:
Art of the Fugue, metronome ticking at 60, Tom Waites' early songs
loves staring at...TABLECLOTHES
has not acquired the fine taste of kisses flavored with nectarine
ignores Skippy, the cat
enjoys staring, and outstaring at people
smiles and giggles when hears her own voice repeated back to her
loves to be softly brushed on the face by the ends of mommy's hair
is absolutely bored (to tears) by the hours when m and d watch 6-feet Under
is slowly discovering and appreciating the art of traveling (in cars)
adores butterfly kisses, and will coo and make soft singing sounds

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, how lovely! i remember some of those likes in particular (tableclothes...) hugs to mia (does she still like those?)

auntie A