Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Silence

Dear Friends,
I apologize for the long period of silence.  We (I) have been swamped/drowning/covered with work.  We are planning a monumental trip in March where I will finish the last stage of my doctorate hopefully, and I suppose, as a reward to all, continue the trip to Chicago and Shanghai to visit everybody.  This means our days now are filled with rushing upstairs for moments of deep contemplation on 18th century aesthetics, then rushing down to feed or comfort Mia, then rushing to make food for us adults, then rushing off to school to teach.  

Although it's often rewarding in itself, this pace of lifestyle is very new for me (us), and all of us are still adjusting.   For instance, after an incredibly long day yesterday, we (the adults) just couldn't wake up this morning to go to the market, and Mia was up at 5am doing somersaults on our bed....ok, not really somersaults, more like sitting, rolling and standing, but at 5am, it seems like the bed was doing somersaults when she moves.  

Anyway, I am less than pleased with myself about keeping in touch with everyone, including updating the blog, but I promise that once I become a Doc...(ahhh...), there will be nothing BUT
phones and letters from us everyday!

Meanwhile, all of us send a big, warm hug to our friends, and may we get to see each other someday soon.

3 comments:

jennyinla said...

Good luck, Heidi! I'm sure all your hard work, balancing acts, and good spirits will be rewarded.

-jenny

hermitide said...

as lame as it is to say it over my blog, I'll do it anyway: I LOVE YOU, JL! :)

I am still thinking of the letter you wrote, part of this blog entry was specifically written with you in mind :)

do really long mental letters count? can you read my mind?

xoxoxo

jennyinla said...

Ha ha ha ha!

You know I'll be delighted whenever your letter arrives... even 10 years from now!

Okay, since you've been inspiring me with your blog, I'll try to do something about updating mine. (It's quite harder when you don't have your own cute pictures of a Mia perched on the toilette reading a magazine. That's one of my favorites.)

xoxo too,
jl