Sunday, October 28, 2007

tiger mosquitos

Incidentally, these little buggars have arrived to Tiana. I've been seeing a rather large mosquito flying around the house for a few days (how long do they live anyway?) now and am getting very paranoid. The thing is, when I'm around, nobody needs to worry about being bitten, I'm 'THAT' person who the mosquitoes always zone in on. Since pregnancy, I seemed to have lost all innate ability to get rid of any foreign toxants from my body, which is a terrible thing, to say the least. Any old little bite from whatever bug can send parts of me swelling up like a balloon and itch for days. I guess the good thing is I don't have to worry about M being bitten.

They are rather pretty to look at from the internet, I hope I don't have to see one in person any time soon.

3 comments:

Axel said...

In fact they are very small.

This
is it,
those aren't.

Axel said...

The large "mosquito" you saw could have been a Tipula. They don't bite; not even you, I presume.

hermitide said...

Hi, A :) the large mosquito (now hopefully long dead) wasn't actually so large, it had the shape of the tiger mosquito, I couldn't get close enough to detect whether it had stripes (thank goodness, in a way)...I hope they don't make their way to La Garriga! I just love it when there are comments...moltes grĂ cies!